1) Design Your Dream Home Your Way: Why settle for someone else's choices when you can select you own cabinets, countertops, appliances, carpets door handler toilets and flooring and paint colors? While you're at it, you can choose own bath options and kitchen options, such as lighting and other items that you love. Your new home will reflect your taste, not someone else's.
2) Design a Floor Plan and Room Layout that Meets Your Needs: Want a master bedroom on the first floor? It's yours, with massive his and hers walk-in closets? Want high ceilings and a luxurious, resort-style master bath? Perhaps you'd like a sitting room with a fireplace in your owner's suite or French doors that open to your private patio or the pool? It's easy when you build your master suite on your terms.
3) All New, Under Warranty: A used home likely has tired products that may soon need replacing. Your new home, and the products that comprise it, are brand-new and under warranty. What's the cost to replace a roof, appliances, countertops or a water heater on a used home? Those components of your new home feature the latest designs and building materials and should offer you years of comfort and enjoyment before needing replacing.
4) Energy and Cost Savings: Today's new homes are far more energy efficient than homes built just five years ago. Versus homes built 20 years ago, it's game over, advantage new. Why settle for drafty, energy-wasting, single-pane windows in a used home? Many new homes offer double or even triple-pane windows. Special window coatings and inert gases between the layers of glass are often available, saving you even more energy and money in both heating and cooling season.
5) Comfort and Indoor Air Quality: Today's new homes meet stringent energy standards and codes not in place in the past. They combine high-performance energy efficiency with state-of-the-art ventilation, air filtration and lighting systems. The result is year-round, draft-free comfort and higher indoor air quality and comfortable living space.
6) Low Maintenance: New cars today are computer-designed and computer-equipped. That's why they perform much more reliably than a car that's 15 or 20 years old. Homes are the same. Today's new homes have open floor plans and high ceilings that reflect the way we live today. They're also made of cutting-edge building products that require less care and maintenance. Another plus? The latest building systems and components are designed and engineered to work together.
7) Community Amenities: Many new homes are built in upscale communities with resort-style community centers, pools clubhouses, sidewalks and play centers.
8) Advanced Technology and Design: It's possible to replace all of the single-pane windows in a resale home with today's high-performance windows. It's also possible to add insulation to a used home. However, it's very expensive to replace old appliances, cabinets and countertops in a used home — and you still won't have the high ceilings you dream of on the first floor of an older two-story home. All are reasons to build your new home your way, to reflect the way you live today.
9) Safety: State-of-the-art circuit breakers. Electric garage door openers with infrared beams, that stop if a tricycle or child is too near, they also offer WiFi remotes. High-efficiency furnaces and air conditioners that use the latest environmentally-friendly coolants and humidifiers. Cabinets, carpets and paints that use fewer volatile organic compounds, so that you and your family can breathe easier.
10) That New Home Feel: A used home was someone else's dream, not yours. It reflects their choices and family memories. A new home is meant to create your own memories.
What would you prefer New or Used?